Monday, May 3, 2010

As good as over

Yes. It is.

Manchester United can kiss the league title goodbye, at least for this season. Have to face facts. There is almost zero, I repeat ZERO, chance of Chelsea dropping points at home to Wigan.

Of course, anything can happen. The ball, they say, is round. But Chelsea will be fired up to win and take the trophy in front of their own fans. And, to top it all off, Wigan have nothing to play for, having already secured their spot in the EPL next season.

I couldn't watch the Liverpool-Chelsea game due to a dinner I had to attend. Despite Gerrard making a horrid mistake and passing the ball straight to Drogba for the first goal, and despite the Merseysiders apparently not playing well, I don't think they were playing to lose. I think they have too much pride for that.

I jokingly told a few Liverpool fans that perhaps they wanted to lose only because they want Rafa out of the picture next season, but of course I don't believe that either.

Anyway, as I said before, anything can happen, so I'll be praying for a miracle this weekend!

No comments: