Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Adieu, Marseille

French giants Marseille will, I believe, will have to bid goodbye to the Champions League for this season later tonight.

Having only managed a scoreless draw against MU in France, they will now have to face a team which has been quite rampant, at least in terms of wins, at Old Trafford. A team, mind you, fresh from their morale-boosting FA Cup win over EPL title rivals Arsenal.

News from OT is that Nani and Carrick are fit again. The former, especially, is a surprise. As for Carrick, he doesn't seem to be affective this year, so I hope he doesn't start.

Valencia's stellar display -- that is, taking into consideration he hasn't played for several months -- against Arsenal have also put him in the running for a first team spot. However, I am at a loss as to whether that would be a good move. I feel he hasn't reached his best yet and should be on the bench, to be brought in later to terrorise the Marseille defence.

My feeling, however, is that Fergie will have the following lineup:
VDS, Vidic, Smalling, Evra, Rafael, Giggs, Carrick, Nani, Valencia, Rooney, Berbatov.

Can't say I'm not looking forward to this game, even if I will feel like a zombie tomorrow!

No comments: