Friday, August 9, 2013

It's over. Or is it?

So Fabregas, speaking here in Kuala Lumpur, has said he isn't going anywhere. That ends United's interest in him.

Or does it?

We've seen things like this before. When a club says they won't sell a player, but does so later. When a player says he won't move, but does later. So, will Fabregas stay or will he leave? Only time will tell.

Frankly, I don't really know what I think about whether Fabregas would be a good buy for United. I've always thought he was a good player, but not a fantastic one. I don't know if he will fit in at MU.

I do, however, think he is wasting his time in Barcelona. I don't think he will ever be an Iniesta or a Xavi for the Catalan side. But you can't blame him for wanting to stay, can you. It's Barca, after all, with players like, apart from the two already mentioned, Messi. Best player in the world at the moment, and has been for quite some time now.

So, still no significant signings to mark the beginning of the Moyes era. I really wonder whether the new gaffer will be able to get a big name signing in this season.

Again, only time will tell. In the meantime, looking forward to the Community Shield in two days' time.

No comments: