Thursday, February 24, 2011

Another away draw

Another away game, another draw.

Thankfully this time it's a two-legged match, so the draw actually suits United fine. Now we have the advantage as we'll be playing at home in the return leg. A score-draw would have been better, but I'm confident we'll be through to the next round.

It was not, however, a good game. Utterly boring. Our midfield was just non-existent as far as I'm concerned. The back four did relatively well. The front three of Rooney-Berba-Nani I think would have done a whole lot better if they had better support from the middle three of Fletcher, Carrick and Gibson.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. We need better midfielders. We need a general in the mould of Keano or Robbo.

The midfield did much better though when Scholes came in and we reverted to a 4-4-2 formation. Scholes has, according to newspaper reports, told Sir Alex that he will sign a one-year extension to his contract and I'm glad he has, but I don't think he'll last longer than that year. Not to mention the fact that he can't figure in all the games. So we'd better bring in someone new soon. Someone good, of course.

But now that the game is over, it's time to focus on the next away game. Wigan. It's the EPL (I hate calling it the BPL) again, so we can't afford another draw.

No comments: