Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Was it the greatest?

Was Rooney's goal the greatest at Old Trafford?

Let's just say it's definitely up there with the best. But to say it was the greatest, well, it's arguable at best. There are those who swear they've seen better. There are those who say they have not.

Sir Alex's comment was that it was the greatest he had ever seen in the time he has been at Old Trafford. That's not saying it was the greatest ever, is it? I think it was just the media blowing it all out of proportion.

It was spectacular, mind you. I'm hard pressed to come up with a better goal at Old Trafford. I recall a similar spectacular goal from Berba this season but I can't seem to remember whether it was at OT or away.

Leaving that aside, let me apologise for not writing for such a long time. Amazingly, my last posting was in November. This is my first posting of 2011 and it comes midway through the second month of the year!

I have been busy but I don't want to use that as an excuse. So please, forgive me.

It that time, I have gotten several "heart attacks" thanks to the antics of the United players. Thankfully, the old ticker is still working fine! At least, until the next game.

Also in that time, poor old Gary Neville has quit football. Some call him the greatest rightback England has produced. I highly doubt that, but certainly the best of his time. He's received glowing tributes, and although I believe he should have retired a long time ago, it's still nice to see him get what he deserves.

Thankfully, I believe United have a great replacement for the long run in Rafael. The boy impresses me every time I see him, but he still needs to mature a little. His youth makes him reckless and that attitude may just get him in hot soup a couple more times before he finally realises he needs to control his emotions.

Anyway, that's it for now. It's an FA Cup weekend before the Champions League next week. We should be able to make it past this round, but more on that later.

Ciao!

No comments: